Canadian Baptist Ministries Privacy Statement
At Canadian Baptist Ministries (CBM) we value relationships of trust, and we are committed to protecting the privacy of our donors, employees and other stakeholders. All personal information CBM collects from individuals is kept in confidence.
Personal Information as defined by the Privacy Commissioner
“Personal Information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any form, such as:
- age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, or blood type
- opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, or disciplinary actions
- employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, existence of a dispute between a consumer and a merchant, intentions (for example, to acquire goods or services, or change jobs)
Personal Information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.”
Personal Information We Collect and How It’s Used
You provide personal information expressly through completing our online form for donation purposes. Information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, banking or credit card data is collected for donation/receipting purposes and/or for providing educational or marketing materials. CBM does not retain any credit card information from online transactions once the donation has been processed. We refer to this information as “Donation Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Should you wish to have your name removed from our donor database, you may opt out at anytime by contacting our office at 905.821.3533 or e-mail us here.
How Personal Information is Disclosed
Personal Information gathered by CBM is maintained in a confidential manner and the appropriate information is disclosed to authorized CBM employees as required in processing donations and providing materials. Safeguards are in place to ensure that personal information is not disclosed or shared beyond the purposes for which it was gathered. Address information is forwarded to a third party mailing service provider under strict terms and on a confidential basis for limited use. Confidentiality Agreement Letters are retained on file in our offices. CBM does not rent or sell or buy personal information to/from other organizations or service providers.
Personal Information Submitted On This Website
CBM ensures the protection of its donors’ privacy. All information provided through online donations is secured through the use of 128-bit encryption. CBM is committed to keeping information provided in the highest confidence. Only relevant CBM employees have access to donor information on a need basis. Contact information may be used for the purpose of distributing CBM educational or marketing resources through mail or email. If you do not wish to have your information used for this purpose, you may request to have your name removed by contacting communications.
Questions or Concerns
Current privacy legislation indicates that individuals have the right to access the personal information we retain for you and to whom we may have disclosed that information. If you have any questions or concerns regarding CBM’s privacy practices or policy, contact us at 905.821.3533 or email us here. If you wish to make any changes or amendments to the accuracy of your information please contact us at 905.821.3533 or e-mail us here.