Canadian Baptist Ministries (CBM), in conjunction with our denominational seminaries, is pleased to announce the 2017 Global Discipleship scholarship program – Praxis. This scholarship program is available upon application to a select group of CBM affiliated students enrolled in an accredited theological school and pursuing graduate level seminary studies (at a Masters or Doctoral level).
Each scholarship, estimated at $5500, provides the opportunity for the accepted participant to engage in missiological reflection on a significant issue related to Gospel and Culture in a global context.
The 2017 Praxis scholarship and mission trip will be to Bolivia. In Bolivia, we will be hosted by our partner, the Bolivian Baptist Union, and have opportunity to study, reflect, and see practical examples of integral mission being implemented through the local church. Dr. Lois Mitchell, the professor of record, will travel with you and lead in this reflection.
The Praxis program will run for 2+ weeks during the month of May, 2017 and will include:
- Orientation, preparation, dialogue and study in Mississauga, ON
- Two weeks learning with our partner in Bolivia, and
- Debriefing and continued learning in Mississauga, ON
Recipients of the Praxis Scholarship receive all travel, accommodations and tuition, and if required, three seminary-approved credit hours. However, applicants should be advised that this is not an opportunity to be pursued lightly. There will be significant pre-trip reading and online engagement as well as major papers to be submitted upon return home. This is an incredible opportunity, but it is not a “free trip”.
All Praxis candidates must:
- Be actively involved in a Baptist church affiliated with CBM through one of our 4 regional Conventions and Unions;
- Be studying at the Masters or Doctoral level;
- Have demonstrated commitment to global and/or cross-cultural mission;
- Have completed the application form available through the office of the registrar of the school including the submission of three references;
- Have completed an interview process;
- And, if accepted, each participant must pay a non-refundable deposit fee of $225.00.
Applications must be submitted to CBM no later than January 15, 2017.
Confirmation of acceptance will be no later than February 5, 2017.
You can download the application form here – praxis-scholarship-application-2017.
For more information, please contact your registrar or Adrian Gardner.