CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in the following areas: Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, Building the Church and Crisis Response.
CBM is looking for an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will provide departmental administrative support, primarily assisting the Canadian Partnerships and Finance teams with administrative tasks. The Administrative Assistant also supports the SENT Program working with teams going overseas for short-term trips.
This position is a full-time office-based role in our head office in Mississauga. CBM offers a generous benefits program, including health, dental, and wellness benefits, and enrollment in our pension plan.
Departmental Admin Support 50%
- Provide administrative support to the Canadian Partnerships and Finance team as required
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements for assigned departmental staff
- Book flights, and arrange for accommodation, and transportation for staff as requested
- Assist the finance team with filing and record retention
- Research, compile data, statistics, and other information as requested
- Plan and assist with running meeting logistics as requested
- Serve as a member of the Reception Team and provide regular coverage for reception as scheduled. The CBM Reception Team is responsible for ensuring all incoming phone calls and guests are handled in a professional, courteous and welcoming manner by:
- Answering all calls in a professional manner
- Forwarding calls to the appropriate staff member using problem solving skills where necessary
- Notifying appropriate staff member(s) of guest’s arrival
- Provide reception coverage for other members of the Reception Team as needed and as available.
- Provide back-up support to the Church Engagement and Office Coordinator with processing donations
SENT Program Support 45%
- Work with Team Lead, Global Discipleship to ensure that timelines are met and that all required orientations, debriefs, reports, etc. are completed and recorded in SharePoint/CRM.
- Ensure SharePoint site is kept up to date with copies of tickets, insurance, invoices, budgets, schedules, etc.
- Work with travel agent and Team Lead, Global Discipleship to purchase appropriate flights and insurance for SENT teams.
- Work with Team Lead, Global Discipleship, and participants to ensure that each volunteer has the required paperwork submitted.
- Communicate with the field concerning participant details and highlight any special considerations.
- Ensure details of emergency contact forms and country orientation guides are kept current.
- Ensure SENT participants receive emergency contact forms prior to departure.
- Ensure SENT project budgets are received from the field.
- Initiate transfers for SENT projects to the field.
- Ensure SENT financial and narrative reports are received from the field.
- Ensure SENT teams and participants have submitted required funds.
- Field financial inquiries from SENT participants and team leaders.
- Manage and update online fundraising site, Give to Go.
- Prepare quarterly Ministry Support Fee charge out report for finance department.
- Complete AMEX and Visa Concur Reports for all SENT related expenses.
Growth and Community 5%
- Attend CBM Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization
- Additional duties as required.