8 Week Summer Student Employment Opportunity:
Administration and Finance Associate
Summer Student Employment
CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in the following areas: Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, Building the Church and Crisis Response.
CBM is seeking an Administration and Finance Associate to work in the Department of Administration and Finance, reporting to the Finance Manager. Your primary responsibility will be to plan, manage, and execute several of the special projects alongside the Finance Manager and/or Director of Administration.
The specific projects and tasks will be determined at the time of hire. This internship is intended to give you practical, real-world experience that sets you up for a career in finance and accounting or a non-profit charity organization. You will learn by getting involved in real projects while applying your skills in the creation and development of these special projects. As you tackle this work, you will be coached and receive ongoing support from seasoned mentors.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
Pension and Benefits Program
- Contact constituents and provide them updates on retirement considerations
- Provide assistance on the web implementation
- Ensure records and documentation relating to the plan is in good order
Record Retention Process & Implementation
- Take inventory of files and records in the storage areas, documenting the whereabouts of the records and determining whether the records are kept in accordance with the Record Retention Policy
- Organize the storage areas to ensure easy access to documents
- Strategize and implement the approach to digitizing the Organization’s documents and records
Other key responsibilities:
- Assist Director of Administration with various administrative tasks
- Assist Director of Administration, Finance and Accounting, Manager and Senior Accountant on occasional special projects as requested (such as internal expense reviews or the annual budget process)
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program majoring in Commerce, Business Administration, Information Technology or related programs.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Products
- Demonstrated ability in giving group presentations and/or training to a targeted audience
- Strong communication skills – must be comfortable asking questions, giving and receiving constructive feedback and sharing new ideas
- Ability to “think outside the box” and to adapt quickly in managing changing priorities
- Ability to solve problems and use sound judgement
- Solid analytical and organizational skills with financial information and records
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with others
- Willing to provide a police check
Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will be held open until May 31, 2019 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.