CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in such areas as kids at risk, poverty, justice and building the Church.
CBM is seeking a vibrant, strategic Communications Specialist to work in the Communications Department, reporting to the Manager, Communications. If you are passionate about developing and implementing communications strategies to attract and nurture constituent relationships and promote CBM’s work, you may be the candidate we’re seeking. The position collaborates with others within the organization, including CBM’s management team to achieve brand consistency, capturing stories from our overseas staff and supports the daily activities of the Canadian Partnerships (CP) Department.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Initiate strategic placement of communications content within appropriate CBM channels
- Initiate liaison with field staff and program officers to gather stories and project information as needed
- Interview field staff and partners in Canada and through Skype as needed
- Maintain web content to ensure material is correct and current; remove dated material, etc.
- Write, post and proofread web communications/news items, e-newsletters and CBM press releases
- Oversee social media communications by developing strategy, contributing ideas, writing, and editing all postings (Facebook, Twitter, web, etc.)
- Write and post Facebook materials and daily Twitter updates
- Draft copy, proofread, edit, and coordinate the design and production of selected projects as directed
- Provide oversight to communications team tasks in absence of Communications Manager
- Answer and/or redirect firstname.lastname@example.org email
- Act as first line of contact for CP Department for constituency phone inquiries
- Monitor, record and oversee the distribution of communications materials – may be done through the use of volunteers and other office staff as required
- Contribute to the overall maintenance and organization of communications assets
Growth & Community
- Attend CBM Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization
- Additional duties as required, e.g. occasional reception coverage, kitchen duty, assistance with special events, etc.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Must accept CBM’s Core Values (see cbmin.org)
- Willing to sign off on CBM’s Lifestyle Agreement
- Attend weekly in-house Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization
- 5+ years of experience in writing copy for varied sources e.g. web, Twitter, Facebook, newsletters
- Undergrad degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or English
- Previous experience in copy editing and proofreading is preferred
- Theological education a strong asset
- Demonstrated strong understanding of the use of social media in marketing and promotion
- Creative and innovative in presenting information to align to audience interests
- Strong ability in project management, prioritize tasks and demonstrate initiative
- Attentive to detail
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, particularly In Design, Illustrator and Photoshop
- 2nd language an asset
- Cross cultural experience an asset
- Familiar with Canadian Baptist constituency an asset
Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com
The position will be held open until June 18, 2018 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.