8 Week Summer Student Employment Opportunity:
Data & Administration Associate
Summer Student Employment
CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in the following areas: Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, Building the Church and Crisis Response.
CBM is seeking a Data and Administration Associate to work with the Human Resource Team and the Content Development Team. Your primary responsibility will be assisting in preserving archival information.
The specific projects and tasks will be determined at the time of hire. This internship is intended to give you practical, real-world experience that sets you up for a career in finance and accounting or a non-profit charity organization. You will learn by getting involved in real projects while applying your skills in the creation and development of these special projects. As you tackle this work, you will be coached and receive ongoing support from seasoned mentors.
You will play a critical role in moving CBM forward in the digitization of our archives. You will also assist in consolidating and updating HR files. You will need to be able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Assist with reviewing and consolidating HR files.
- Help ensure HR are files are complete and up-to-date.
- Prepare materials for reformatting, such as digital scanning.
- Actively support, coordinate, and participate in archive processes.
- Convert non-digital records on physical media into digital data files on digital storage media, for long-term preservation and to enable computer readability.
- Link scanned images to appropriate inventory data records.
- Operate scanning equipment.
- Ensure pertinent records are prepped, scanned, indexed and electronically stored.
- Retrieve and return scanned materials to collections storage areas.
- Manage sensitive and confidential information.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Able to handle sensitive information.
- Studying/studied human resources or library science.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Products
- Strong communication skills – must be comfortable asking questions, giving and receiving constructive feedback and sharing new ideas
- Ability to “think outside the box” and to adapt quickly in managing changing priorities
- Ability to solve problems and use sound judgement
- Solid analytical and organizational skills with financial information and records
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with others
- Willing to provide a police check
Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will be held open until May 31, 2019 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.