Yorkminster Park Baptist Church is seeking a full time Minister of Mission and Community Engagement. This individual is called:
- To provide leadership at Yorkminster Park Baptist Church in both local and global mission projects in witness to God’s message of love and salvation;
- To seek and initiate community engagement opportunities to introduce others to Christ;
- To connect, collaborate and serve with community groups;
- To be a catalyst for the Yorkminster Park Baptist congregation to understand and respond to issues of injustice, inequity, and conflict in our world; and
- Participate in all ministry team meetings and work collegially and supportively with other team members, modelling all that is best in the body of Christ.
Yorkminster Park Baptist Church is a progressive, dynamic, and vibrant church community in the heart of midtown Toronto. The Church is known for excellence in preaching, traditional worship format and exceptional sacred music. There are over 600 members with regular visitors from other denominations, and our on-line services and special events are followed around the world. Our congregation is affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec. Please see our website for further information on ministries and programs. https://www.yorkminsterpark.com/
The purpose of Yorkminster Park Baptist Church is to offer an ongoing witness to the reality of the Risen Christ in our lives and in our world through worship and service, in word and deed. It is our purpose to be a place of sanctuary, prayer and peace in the heart of the city, and to be a caring community engaged in outreach and mission in response to needs within and beyond our walls, and around the world. It is our purpose to embody the teachings of Christ as a people engaged in planting the seeds of faith, hope and love. It is our purpose to engage our collective heart, soul and senses with the full gospel of Jesus Christ to the glory of God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
The candidate must be an ordained minister recognized by, or willing to be credentialled by:
- A Baptist Convention in fellowship with the Canadian Baptist Ministries, or
- A Baptist Convention of another country, whose ordination standards are acceptable to the Credentials Committee of Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec, or
- The analogous ordination authority within another Christian denomination, whose ordination standards are acceptable to the Credentials Committee of Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec.
The Minister of Mission and Community Engagement (MMCE) will work as a member of the ministry team to create a welcoming, equitable and culturally responsive environment that is inclusive of the diverse, intersecting identities that comprise the church community. The MMCE will lead new ventures in outreach and evangelism to attract and introduce new people into the life of the church. The MMCE will also maintain and build strong relations with our Baptist Ministry partners, special missions, other religious communities, social justice/equity and community service groups. Other responsibilities will include participation in leading worship services, occasional preaching as scheduled, and a weekly submission to a daily on-line devotional program. For those invited to an interview, a job description with further detail will be provided.
Applicants are invited to respond with resume and covering letter to email@example.com referencing Minister of Mission and Community Engagement (MMCE). Yorkminster Park Baptist Church considers diversity an asset and a strength and is committed to equitable hiring practices as we search for qualified staff. We will make any reasonable accommodation to support candidates to participate in the interview process.