MOUNTAIN STANDARD REGIONAL MINISTER
Canadian Baptists of Western Canada
JOB DESCRIPTION: CORE FUNCTIONS
The Mountain Standard Regional Minister (RM) reports directly to the Executive Minister and is a
member of the Executive Staff. The RM provides a ministry of spiritual encouragement and
support to the CBWC churches and ministry agencies located in Alberta, eastern portions of British
Columbia and the Northwest Territories. This involves nurturing and building working
relationships with pastoral, local church, and denominational leaders. This ministry focuses on
providing pastoral support, ministry consultation, oversight, and support of CBWC programs in
the MS Region. The MSRM also carries at least one distinct CBWC-wide portfolio.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to these areas:
- To encourage and motivate pastors, church leaders and congregants to intentionally help
their churches become healthy, caring, and missional communities dedicated to cultivating
leadership, investing in relationship, and engaging in mission.
- To preserve the prime pastoral relationship role to pastors without becoming triangulated
between pastors, church leaders or other congregants. The RM will help the church leadership
seek services and resources to address conflict issues and facilitate a healthy resolution in
- To discern and assess when pastoral care is needed for pastors and their families and refer
pastors and families to professionals for assistance and support as required.
- To support and encourage both pastors and church leaders in their roles and responsibilities
by referring them to appropriate CBWC staff (Directors, Consultants, Coordinators, etc.) when
specific information, advice, assistance or interventions are required.
- To manage the work of the MS Region, including working harmoniously and effectively with
the Regional Advisory Group (MSRAG), Administrative Support Staff and other CBWC staff
involved in ministry initiatives and programs within the RM’s jurisdiction.
- To liaise with and support Regional Ministerial clusters active in the MS Region.
- To provide leadership, planning, implementation, and evaluation expertise if major special
events and/or gatherings are held within the MSR constituency.
- To communicate and liaise regularly with CBWC Executive Staff and other CBWC staff and
leaders to ensure that the work of the MS Region is advanced within the context and
parameters of the established mission, vision, and core values of the denomination.
- To provide leadership and expertise for at least one distinct CBWC-wide portfolio. Currently,
this portfolio is responsible for Pastoral Settlement matters for all CBWC churches. In
addition, the MS Regional Minister is also responsible for arranging Exit Interviews as required
for pastors who are leaving their churches.
- To assume any other duties and responsibilities as the Executive Minister may determine.
- Demonstrated commitment to and passion for Christ
- Ordained minister, or ability to be ordained with the CBWC
- MDiv or equivalent
- Experience in leading people within a pastoral context and preferably leadership experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act as a liaison, building collaborative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a
variety of settings
- Familiarity with Canadian Baptists of Western Canada www.cbwc.ca
- Willing to personally agree with and endorse the Identity Statement of the CBWC
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Based upon qualifications and experience
PROPOSED START DATE
January 1, 2023, negotiable
PROPOSED START DATE
Qualified candidates wishing to be considered for this position should send the following
application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover Letter
• Current Ministry Information Profile (MIP)
We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those invited for an interview
will be contacted.