Pension & Benefits Coordinator
CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in the following areas: Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, Building the Church and Crisis Response.
CBM is seeking for a Pension & Benefits Coordinator who will be responsible for the comprehensive administration of the national Canadian Baptist Pension & Benefits plans including the implementation and coordination of the Communications Plan. Duties include liaison with benefit coordinators, maintenance of accurate member database, logistical support of the administrative committee, management of project timelines and deliverables, distribution of ongoing communication updates, liaison with contractors as required, first point of contact for members and partner organizations. This position reports to the Director, Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with management to develop and understand communication goals and strategies.
- Implement and manage each communication project to ensure timely compliance and report back to management as necessary.
- Prepare e-blasts, blogs, newsletters, and other communications materials, update website communication as directed, and source answers to any inquiries.
- Coordinate and track distribution of all communication materials to members and stakeholders including partner organizations.
- Respond to inquiries from plan members, church treasurers, and benefit coordinators and redirect to appropriate staff as needed. Follow up to ensure timely response.
- Create, implement, and maintain an accurate database for all plan members.
- Ensure electronic files are maintained in a logical system.
- Update practices and policies that relate to pension and benefits as directed by the management.
- Follow up with record keeper and church treasurers regarding delinquency payments; escalate to the Director as needed.
- Provide administrative assistance, plan, organize, and coordinate logistics for Pension and Benefit Committee meetings and benefits training events across the country.
- Research, coordinate, and set timelines for special projects as established by management.
- Attend weekly in-house Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Must accept CBM’s Core Values (see www.cbmin.org)
- Willing to sign CBM’s Lifestyle Agreement, Child Protection Policy and Conflict of Interest Policy
- 2-3 years of experience in communications and administrative roles.
- Experience in project management and/or event planning an asset.
- Strategic thinker with ability to work independently and see projects through to completion.
- Proven attention to detail and problem solving ability.
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including proof-reading, and editing.
- Customer service experience and ethic, together with a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all internal and external matters.
- A high degree of computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite) and experience with databases.
- Experience in managing basic social media communication.
Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com
The position will be held open until November 9, 2018 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.