CBM is a global integral mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. With Faith, Hope and Love CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 countries, addressing issues associated with Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, Building the Church and Crisis Response.
Employment Opportunity: Program Officer
CBM is looking for an experienced Program Officer, based in our office in Mississauga Ontario. The Program Officer is responsible for establishing strong relationships with existing and potential partners. Takes key responsibility for processing project proposals and progress reports for the purpose of monitoring progress, evaluating results, and reporting to funding organizations. The position assists in partner training and capacity building at the direction of the Team Lead, International Programs.
Ministry Description and Responsibilities:
PROGRAM/PROJECT MONITORING & REPORTING
70 % Time
- Review, revise and provide feedback to partners on project/program proposals including CFGB projects.
- Track and prompt reports from international partners – as determined by the agreement letter
- Review project reports against expected results to track progress and provide feedback to partners
- Track project/program status and ensure follow-up of outstanding issues with the IP Program Team Lead
- Maintain files of project documentation
- Design and revise monitoring tools, tracking documents, and report templates
- Share applicable narrative project information and photo resources with the Canadian Partnerships and the Content & Design departments.
- Represent CBM on relevant CFGB and other external working groups
PARTNER CAPACITY BUILDING
20 % Time
- Assist international partners in program design, monitoring, and evaluations ensuring appropriate implementation of programming policies and guidelines
- Train international partners in project management – bi-annually (trip to the field), and by providing feedback to partners on proposals and reports
5 % Time
- Assist in the preparation of special topic and/or highlights presentation materials
- Present program work and updates to members of the Canadian Constituency as requested (Churches and other events)
5 % Time
- Attend weekly CBM Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Must accept CBM’s Core Values (see www.cbmin.org)
- Willing to sign off on CBM’s Community Covenant, Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest & Child Protection Policy
- Degree in Development Studies or related field.
- Cross-cultural and / or international experience
- 2-3 years experience in program management
- Experience with Results-Based Management (RBM) and program management tools (proposals, reports, monitoring, and evaluation)
- Experience with government-level grants, proposals, and projects. (GAC)
- Excellent spoken and written fluency in English
- Spoken and written fluency in Spanish, highly desired
- Specialization in Gender ideal.
- Awareness and sensitivity in cross-cultural communication and power dynamics
- Ability to take initiative with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel internationally 1-2 times per year.
- Team player