Regional Representative, Central Region
CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in the following areas: Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, Building the Church and Crisis Response.
The CBM Regional Representative position is intended to strengthen CBM’s relationships with churches and individuals in their understanding and practice of God’s call on the church to make global disciples.
The Regional Representative will build and nurture relationships with individual supporters and churches through providing information on programs and issues, conducting workshops, public speaking, participating in planning meetings and facilitating global discipleship initiatives. A primary focus will be in encouraging generosity and raising funds for CBM’s global programs.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Relationships with churches
- Strengthen CBM’s relationships with a minimum of 20 strategic churches in the region. This will include:
- creating regular contact opportunities for churches with the Executive Director and members of the CBM Leadership Team whenever possible.
- ensuring CBM’s participation in an annual meeting with church leadership or mission committee to discuss the congregation’s working relationship with CBM.
- mutual planning of the allocation of CBM resources, workshops SENT/STEP opportunities, and GFS visits for the congregation.
- delivery of an annual report on the impact of the congregation’s support of CBM.
- Facilitate workshops and seminars related to themes of integral mission and the witness of the local church (local and global).
- Public speaking through preaching, teaching and presentations to congregations, mission committees, women’s groups, and youth events to promote understanding and commitment to CBM’s mission endeavors.
- Act as CBM representative for regional gatherings and other events as requested.
- Promote CBM’s programs to prospective churches, including SENT and STEP, including providing orientation and debriefings to participants, as directed by the Team Lead, Church Engagement.
- Provide support in promoting CBM fundraising campaigns to churches in the region.
- Assess and advise the Team Lead, Church Engagement regarding the interest of pastors /congregational leaders in visiting overseas partners, and the general need for further resources.
- Act as a liaison and catalyst with assigned churches to host events such as town hall meetings and workshops to which other churches would be invited.
Relationships with Individuals:
- Build effective long-term relationships with approximately 50 donors in a region with the goal of increasing engagement with CBM. The Regional Rep’s duties will include face to face visits, telephone contact, and the coordination of customized annual reports on impact of donations.
- Introduce CBM’s work to new individuals with the goal of engaging their support through face to face meetings.
- Work with Team Lead, Church Engagement to develop an effective donor treatment plan for everyone on the Regional Representative’s list.
- Consistently inform and update the Team Lead, Church Engagement on progress toward outcomes, including weekly work plan, status updates on key relationships, new opportunities/ requests from churches for increased engagement with CBM.
- Participate in regular conference calls with the Team Lead, Church Engagement and other regional managers.
- Maintain records of contacts and interactions within the CBM CRM system.
- Participate in planning and take the lead in providing logistical support for regional denominational gatherings and special events.
- Respond to requests for information by redirecting inquiries to appropriate colleagues.
- Prospect for companies that are interested in participating in CBM’s corporate program, provide an accurate overview of the program, respond to questions, and ensure regular progress updates.
- Develop an awareness of Foundations within and outside the Baptist constituency and build relationships with those who manage the Foundations donations to explore areas of potential interest.
- Contribute to the spiritual growth of the organization.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Must accept CBM’s Core Values (see www.cbmin.org).
- Willing to sign off on CBM’s Community Covenant, Statement of Faith & Child Protection Policy.
- Active member in a Canadian Baptist Church is required.
- Passionate commitment to the role of the local church as God’s agent of mission.
- Articulated understanding of the church’s role in mission both locally and globally.
- 3- 5 years successful experience in relational marketing and fundraising will be considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in church leadership at a lay or pastoral level.
- Demonstrated exceptional relationship building skills with a wide range of stakeholders including different generations, cultural groups, levels of church leadership.
- Excellent skills in listening and assessing needs of stakeholders and opportunities to add value.
- Dynamic public speaker, able to inspire passion and energize others.
- Proactive in initiating contacts and nurturing strong relationships; able to build trust easily.
- Able to prioritize and independently plan work to maximize impact of regional travel.
- Committed team player, flexible and responsive to assist team in meeting its overall goals.
- Teachable: willing to learn new skills and to be mentored.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Windows environment.
- Able and willing to travel extensively within region, and to travel internationally 1-2 times a year if requested.
Why join the team at CBM?
- A chance to work in a positive work culture where employees are valued;
- A good compensation plan with benefits and an RRSP matching program;
- The opportunity to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the world
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com.
The position will be held open until January 10, 2020 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.