Contract – Full-Time (12 months), employment
CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in the following areas: Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, Building the Church and Crisis Response.
The full time contract ministry position of Senior Accountant provides support to Finance team by coordinating the full cycle financial processes and financial reports for the organization. This position reports to the Director, Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintain and make recommendations regarding account structure; open new GL accounts, dimensions and other accounting system standards as needed
- Monitor and verify financial data integrity
- Reconcile identified accounts; review, update and reconcile investment accounts; communicate with investment firm as required
- Prepare deferral reconciliation and associated journal entries; prepare and enter adjusting and recurring journal entries
- Manage monthly closing and consolidation process; reconcile and prepare monthly financial statements, monitor bank accounts
- Compile, review and verify data for year-end report preparation; finalize year end system close
- Prepare year-end audit working papers and assist in preparation for annual audit
- Prepare government forms including T3010 and Corporations Canada Act Form 22
- Review data/back-up and sign offs for cheques produced by A/P; clarify accounting rationale for A/P and Payroll as required
- Prepare and design jet reports for all departments as requested; develop financial reports as required
- Assist in reviewing projects reports
- Attend weekly in-house Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Must accept CBM’s Core Values (see www.cbmin.org)
- Willing to sign CBM’s Lifestyle Agreement, Child Protection Policy and Conflict of Interest Policy
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA), along with expansive knowledge of GAAP
- Expertise in Microsoft Dynamics Nav and SQL
- Minimum of 3 years experience in not-for-profit accounting environment
- Advanced skills in Excel; proficient in Word, Outlook and Internet use
- Jet reports design an asset
- Ability to “think outside the box”, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities
- Ability to solve problems and use sound judgement
- Solid analytical abilities, combined with being detail oriented, organized and able to track data efficiently and accurately
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will be held open until November 9, 2018 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.