CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in the following areas: Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, Building the Church and Crisis Response.
This position is a Maternity Leave Coverage with a 13-month contract based out of our head office in Mississauga. CBM has a hybrid work model with 50% in-office time.
The Team Lead, International Programs assumes responsibility for needs assessments, program design, monitoring and evaluation for all international projects. Programs are based on integral mission and address CBM’s core causes: Build the Church, Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, and Emergency Relief and Rehabilitation. The Team Lead, International Programs reports to the Director, International Partnerships.
- Advise CBM’s Leadership and Executive Team of key program issues relevant to the accomplishment of the organization’s mission and strategic direction
- Provide, or arrange for, consultancy to CBM field and office staff at the formation stage of major project proposals
- Assess and approve project proposals which align with CBM ends, comply to proposal format, and are within budget
- Recommend action on out-of-budget projects to the Director, IP and Leadership Team
- Coach program team to determine, recommend and follow-up on appropriate actions where projects are not achieving desired results or have encountered problems.
- Support IP Director in the oversight and management of CBM’s CFGB account and portfolio.
- Oversee CBM’s 2023 “funding pool” initiative while reviewing plans and proposals for 2024.
IP PARTNER DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES
- Work closely with Field Team Leaders and office staff in contextual strategic planning, evaluations and problem solving for field projects.
- Manage and approve program team’s annual partner monitoring and evaluation visits.
- Participate in assessing capacity of partner staff and organization to implement and manage proposed programs
- Participate in recommending capacity-building measures for each partner in collaboration with Program team, Field Team Leaders and Director IP
- Update Director IP & the Leadership Team through regular briefings on program status and issues.
- Provide input into strategic planning, evaluations and problem solving for field projects.
- Represent IP programs in CBM interdepartmental meetings.
- Manage a team of three program officers within the IP department.
- Oversee continued capacity building and team building amongst program team members.
- Act as a resource to Field Team Leaders.
- Support IP Director in the preparation of the draft annual budget for all international projects.
- Review / approve consolidated monthly project funding requests.
- Work with the Finance team to monitor high level project expenditures and revenues, ensuring that income and expenses are aligned with the annual budget.
- Determine appropriate coding for all new IP projects, request new project numbers as needed.
Strategic Plan Initiatives
- Assist and support team of regional focal points on the roll-out of CBM’s PSEA plan for our international partners.
- Represent CBM on the CFGB PSEA working group
- Oversee and support the initial review of CBM’s templates and monitoring and evaluation processes.
GROWTH & COMMUNITY
- Attend weekly CBM Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization (may require occasional leading of chapel).
- Commit to promote and pray in an ongoing manner for the ministries and staff of the organization.
- Contribute to assigned office tasks.