A passionate commitment to CBM’s values and model of engagement
- Integral mission – demonstration and proclamation/word and deed are inseparable so much so we call it wordeed.
The local church as God’s agent of change in the world
- Brokenness comes in many forms and crosses all groups of people. All need to hear and experience God as the hope of the world.
A strong sense of identity in Christ and a call to cross-cultural and inter-cultural ministry
- This is a big move out of the comfort zone. When times get tough, a strong sense of call becomes the anchor that sustains and steadies.
Adaptability, flexibility, comfort with ambiguity
- Change is the constant everywhere, but even more when roles are shifting. Of course there are the expected “unexpected events”. But in addition, a shift in direction may be needed to meet our partners’ emerging needs, cultural elements come into play, expectations may be hard to interpret, and so on.
- It’s important to recognize and understand that there is far more to learn than there will be insights or wisdom to impart. There is an ongoing learning curve because no one arrives an expert.
A good balance of self-direction, initiative and being a team player
- It means being able to work independently towards goals but under the guidance and support of a team that is both on the field and in the office.
A sense of adventure, curiosity, opportunity – enjoying the journey and all the adventures it entails!