Program and SENT Coordinator, Africa Area Overview
CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. The role of the Program and SENT Coordinator, Africa Area, based in East Africa, is to contribute to CBM’s overall success in the areas of Integral Mission (IM) by coming alongside CBM Church Partners in the proper implementation of joint projects to maximize impact in the targeted communities. This person will resource partners’ staff and CBM colleagues in project monitoring and evaluation. As well, this staff person will work with the CBM team and partners to host Canadian SENT Teams in the field. This position reports to and is directly supervised by CBM’s Africa Team Leader (ATL).
Ministry Description and Responsibilities
Program Implementation and Oversight (50% time)
Reporting to the Africa Team Leader and in collaboration and consultation with the Partners’ Development Coordinators:
- Provide assistance and advice to Partner project managers in the project management cycle for social service projects including situational assessments, need assessments, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop tools to be used by partners into all these project stages.
- Review Need assessment/ Baseline survey reports and assess compliance to the use of the appropriate tools and the overall logic and rationale of the projects.
- Review the proposals and evaluation reports, to assess the consistency to the stated goals and objectives of the project.
- Liaise with the Africa Team Leader and CBM project officers for timely mitigation and contingency plan of potential threats or issues to projects.
- Assess the specific needs in terms of capacity among project managers and arrange appropriate trainings.
- Assess good practices among communities and disseminate the skills into other communities.
- Assist partner churches in developing locally contextualized strategies leading to the long-term sustainability of the projects.
- Uphold CBM’s values of integrity and gender equity among the joint CBM/ Africa church partner projects through ensuring the standards of project implementation, financial management, documentation, and reporting.
Monitoring and Evaluation (25% time)
Reporting to the Africa Team Leader but in Collaboration with Colleagues on the Africa Team and the Development Coordinators among Partners:
- Prepare and arrange evaluation of each project at the end of its life-time to submit reports to both the Africa Partner and CBM project officer.
- Assess the needs in terms of skills in Monitoring and Evaluation and arrange and deliver appropriate basic training for both Partner staff and CBM colleagues.
SENT Coordination (15% time)
Reporting to the Africa Team Leader but in collaboration with CBM’s Logistics and Support Specialist:
- Enhance ministry effectiveness (missional, word/deed in ministry).
- Communicate logistics to the partners and Africa Team Members as their involvement may be needed and requested.
- Provide guidance and accompaniment to the SENT Teams (including orientation, hosting, team care, debriefing, narrative reporting, and follow-up).
Donor and Constituency Relations (5% time)
- Write a minimum of four ministry updates per year according to guidelines provided.
- Provide information – photos, stories, statistics – for CBM promotional and educational publications as requested by CBM’s Content and Design Department.
- Give presentations as requested on ministry to CBM constituents.
Administration (5% time)
- Make a weekly plan and submit it to the IP Director, ATL and Africa Team colleagues.
- Report to the ATL any emergency and urgent information that is important to CBM for further action.
- Participate in meetings for the CBM Africa Team.
- Track and reconcile all ministry-related expenses and submit it monthly.
- Participate in special assignments and projects as assigned.